This course gives participants an opportunity to refresh the knowledge and skills learnt during the 12-hour Standard Mental Health First Aid Course. You will:
- Gain an understanding of the latest research in the mental health field
- Learn the 3 key actions for helping someone feeling suicidal
- Work through complex mental health first aid interactions
- Practice mental health first aid skills.
Download Course Brochure
Course Brochure Standard Mental Health First Aid (Refresher)
- Onsite at your workplace
$150.00 per participant
To secure your space, full payment is required at time of booking. We accept credit card (Visa or Mastercard), or electronic funds transfer (internet banking).
Large groups and onsite pricing vary, please speak to one of our friendly team to discuss the available options.
You must have completed a Standard Mental Health First Aid Course in the previous THREE years.
18 yrs. Due to the adult learning environment, Paradise First Aid does not accept registrations for participants under the age of 18
Requirements for Completion
Participants are required to attend 100% of this first aid training. To receive accreditation as a Mental Health First Aider you will be required to complete an online assessment following training.
Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) Requirements
Participants will require suitable LLN skills to complete the following tasks/skills:
- Read information from a PowerPoint and whiteboard
- Listen and understand verbal information delivered by an English-speaking instructor.
This course does not form part of a Vocational Education Qualification. Accreditation is provided by Mental Health First Aid Australia. On successful completion of the post-training assessment, certification is issued as a Mental Health First Aider.
Standard Mental Health First Aid training requires refresher training after 3 years from the date of completion. In the sixth year, the full course must be completed again.
- Standard Mental Health First Aid course workbook
How to Get Further Information
Call one of our friendly customer service team on 07 5572 5299