Information on COVID-19 for Course Participants
We understand many in the community may be concerned about attending a training course during the COVID-19 pandemic.
As a Registered Training Organisation, we are committed to providing a safe and healthy learning environment for all participants.
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, training and assessment methods have been adjusted to include the completion of pre-course elearning for CPR, First Aid and Childcare First Aid courses. This reduces the in-class time.
In addition to our standard measures, Paradise First Aid has implemented various precautionary measures across our training classes in response to the current situation. Please see below for more information about training with us and the processes we have put in place.
To reduce the risk of contracting or spreading the virus and to protect participants and staff, the following measured have been implemented;
- We will not allow any person with flu-like symptoms to attend training
- All participants will have a temperature check before entering the classroom. If attendees refused a temperature check, they will be required to complete a COVID-19 health declaration.
- We have provided boxes of tissues at all training locations and an appropriate place to dispose of them
- We have provided hand sanitiser to all training locations and offices
- We are encouraging participants and staff to wash their hands frequently with soap and water
- We are encouraging participants and staff to cough or sneeze into the bend of their arm and avoid touching their face
- We have provided alcohol wipes for use on equipment and surfaces
- Course numbers have been reduced to meet the government requirement of 1 person per 4sqm
- Social distancing is encouraged by all participants and staff.
Our training equipment management
- You will not be asked to breathe into a CPR manikin. You will be asked to demonstrate the correct technique including showing the amount of air you would breathe, but you do not need to breathe into the manikin
- We use alcohol-based wipes to clean the face and chest of every manikin between participants
- We ask participants to wear disposable gloves when performing CPR and when performing first aid skills
- We clean all equipment with alcohol wipes and Viraclean disinfectant during and following class
- We discard any used bandages and consumables and replace with new
- We provide new pens and notepads and encourage participants to take these with the following training
If you or anyone you know is feeling unwell, as always, please seek your doctor’s advice. If you are concerned, call the Coronavirus Health Information line 1800 020 080 for instructions on what to do. Please keep Triple Zero (000) for emergencies only.
If you have any concerns, please feel free to speak with one of our friendly staff prior to training.