Information on COVID-19 for Course Participants
We understand many in the community may be concerned about attending a training course during the COVID-19 pandemic.
As a Registered Training Organisation, we are committed to providing a safe and healthy learning environment for all participants.
From 1 September 2022, all Registered Training Organisations must remove reasonable adjustments implemented during the peak of the COVID-19 pandemic. See the directive from the Australian Industry and Skills Committee here.
In addition to our standard measures, Paradise First Aid has implemented various precautionary measures across our training classes in response to the pandemic. Please see below for more information about training with us and the processes we have put in place.
To reduce the risk of contracting or spreading the virus and to protect participants and staff, the following measured have been implemented;
- We advise participants not to attend training if they are unwell
- We have provided hand sanitiser to all training locations, mobile trainers and offices
- Face masks are available at each training facility for participants to wear if they wish
- Disposable gloves are available for use during practical activities
- We are encouraging participants and staff to wash their hands frequently with soap and water
- We have provided alcohol wipes for use on equipment and surfaces
- The space between chairs has been increased to allow for better physical distancing
Our training equipment management
- You will be provided with a CPR mask and one-way-valve to provide rescue breaths during CPR on manikins. Each valve is single person use and disposed of after use. We use alcohol-based wipes to clean the CPR mask following use
- We use alcohol-based wipes to clean the face and chest of every manikin between participants
- We clean all equipment with alcohol wipes during and following class
- We discard any used bandages and consumables and replace them with new
- We provide new pens and notepads and encourage participants to take these with the following training
If you or anyone you know is feeling unwell, as always, please seek your doctor’s advice. If you are concerned, call the Coronavirus Health Information line 1800 020 080 for instructions on what to do. Please keep Triple Zero (000) for emergencies only.
If you have any concerns, please feel free to speak with one of our friendly staff prior to training.