Information on COVID-19 for Course Participants
We understand many in the community may be concerned about attending a training course during the COVID-19 pandemic.
As a Registered Training Organisation, we are committed to providing a safe and healthy learning environment for all participants.
In addition to our standard measures, Paradise First Aid has implemented various precautionary measures across our training classes in response to the current situation. Please see below for more information about training with us and the processes we have put in place.
To reduce the risk of contracting or spreading the virus and to protect participants and staff, the following measured have been implemented;
- We will follow all government directives regarding travel to ‘hot spots’, mask-wearing, and any other measure that may be implemented from time-to-time
- We will not allow any person to attend training if they are unwell
- We have provided hand sanitiser to all training locations, mobile trainers and offices
- We are encouraging participants and staff to wash their hands frequently with soap and water
- We have provided alcohol wipes for use on equipment and surfaces
- Course numbers will be limited according to space and current government requirements regarding social distancing
- Social distancing is encouraged by all participants and staff during training.
Our training equipment management
- You will not be asked to breathe into a CPR manikin. You will be asked to demonstrate the correct technique including showing the amount of air you would breathe, but you do not need to breathe into the manikin
- We use alcohol-based wipes to clean the face and chest of every manikin between participants
- We clean all equipment with alcohol wipes and Viraclean disinfectant during and following class
- We discard any used bandages and consumables and replace with new
- We provide new pens and notepads and encourage participants to take these with the following training
If you or anyone you know is feeling unwell, as always, please seek your doctor’s advice. If you are concerned, call the Coronavirus Health Information line 1800 020 080 for instructions on what to do. Please keep Triple Zero (000) for emergencies only.
If you have any concerns, please feel free to speak with one of our friendly staff prior to training.