Provide First Aid in an Education and Care Setting HLTAID012 (previously HLTAID004), also Known as Childcare First Aid.
From 1 July 2021 this course will change from HLTAID004 to HLTAID012 Provide First Aid in an Education and Care Setting, this is due to a national training package update.
Accredited Childcare First Aid Courses Gold Coast has never been so enjoyable, with our one-day class suitable for those needing CPR, first aid, asthma and anaphylaxis training to work in childcare.
Conducted at three Gold Coast training centres (Harbour Town, Coomera & Mermaid Beach).
- ACECQA approved course
- Fully certified
- Free personal first aid kit
- Public courses daily at three Gold Coast locations
- Workplace training available
- Harbour Town
- Mermaid Beach
- Onsite at your workplace
These courses are delivered partially online in your own time and with a short face-to-face session (5 hours). On average, participants complete eLearning in around 2.5 hours. Some may finish quicker or take longer depending on past experience and computer ability.
$135.00 per person
$125.00 for students and pensioners
To secure your space, full payment is required at time of booking. We accept credit card (Visa or Mastercard), or electronic funds transfer (internet banking).
Large groups and onsite pricing vary, please speak to one of our friendly team to discuss the available options.
How to book
Book online or call 07 5572 5299
There are no pre-requisites for this course; however, it is recommended that participants have sufficient English language and visual interpretation skills to successfully complete the first aid training.
Those completing the express version will need access to a computer or tablet to complete the eLearning component. Internet access is required.
Participants will also be required to undertake practical training and assessments at floor level. This includes demonstrating CPR on a manikin for a period of two minutes. If you have poor mobility or a current injury please discuss this with us prior to booking. Participants under the age of 18 are required to provide a consent form completed by their legal guardian. This form can be found here.
14 yrs. Due to the adult learning environment. Paradise First Aid does not accept registrations for participants under of the age of 14.
These courses are delivered partially online in your own time and with a short face-to-face session (5 hours)
Requirements for Completion
Participants are required to attend 100% of this first aid training and successfully demonstrate competence in all assessment activities at one of our Gold Coast centres or onsite at your workplace.
Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) Requirements
Participants will require suitable LLN skills to complete the following tasks/skills:
- Read information from a PowerPoint and whiteboard
- Listen and understand verbal information delivered by an English-speaking trainer
- Complete written incident report forms in English
- Read and answer a multiple-choice question paper
- Read and answer a short-written answer test
- Listen to instructions of an Automated External Defibrillator where prompts are delivered in English
- Be able to count to 30
Statement of Attainment in the following units of competency:
- HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- HLTAID010 Provide Basic Emergency Life Support
- HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
- HLTAID012 Provide First Aid in an Education and Care Setting
Three (3) year from date of issue.
You are required to undertake annual CPR refresher training. Our comprehensive student management system will remind you a month before your CPR and first aid certificate is due to be refreshed.
- Personal first aid pack to take away
- A4 colour certificate (PDF), emailed following training
- Plastic wallet card certificate with CPR instructions
- Triangular bandage
- Roller bandage
- CPR magnet chart
- A7 colour first aid quick reference guide
How to Get Further Information
Call one of our friendly customer service team on 07 5572 5299